Moon 820S External Power Supply
In order to constantly push the limits of sound purity, the power supply MOON 820S was created through painstaking R&D and a passion for perfection.
impressive performance upgrades
“Even if you only pair the 820S with one component, the upgrade is substantial enough to invest.”
– Jeff Dorgay, TONEAudio
can power up to two units
engineered for both digital and analog products
- Two custom proprietary toroidal transformers with lower magnetic, electrical and thermal loss, for an improved power transfer and a lower regulation factor. The result is increased current speed and better dynamics; one each for analog and digital power supplies.
- The analog and digital power supplies each have 2 special “pi-type” filters after the inital voltage rectification stage that reduce AC transmission noise, using 40,000uF of capacitance (4 x 10,000 uF) and dual choke inductance (2x 20mH).
- The analog and digital supplies each have 4 stages of our proprietary M-R2S circuit; A fully discrete voltage regulation circuit using a “precision reference” feeding an amplifier made up of numerous IC’s and transistors as opposed to a single voltage regulation chip. M-R2S outputs pure DC power that is exceptionally fast, very precise, has a virtually unmeasureable noise level, as well as absolute stable voltage.
- 4-Layer printed circuit boards with pure copper tracings and extremely low impedance characteristics yielding much shorter signal paths and drastically reduced noise levels.
in the box
- power supply
- 9 AC power cable
- Two (2) 4-Pin XLR cables for analog section DC power
- Two (2) 5-Pin XLR cables for digital section DC power
- Owner’s manual
- Ultra rigid chassis construction to minimize the effects of external vibrations.
- Accurate matching of the very finest quality electronic components in a symmetrical circuit design.
- Designed to be powered up at all times for optimal performance.