Moon 740P Single Chassis Reference Balanced Preamplifier
feature rich: input labelling, gain offset
“The 740P is a well-built preamplifier that’s rich in features and easy to use – it performs all switching flawlessly, and handles volume control better than any other I’ve used.”
– Doug Schneider, SoundStage!
Transparent, open and detailed sonics
“The stereo image has substantial width, exceptional dynamics and incredible depth.”
– Hxos (Greece)
- Power supply voltage regulation includes i 2 DCf (Independent Inductive DC Filtering); 1 inductor for each and every IC in the audio circuit’s signal path – 24 stages in all.
- 4 stages of our M-LoVo (MOON Low Voltage DC regulation); a highly sophisticated circuit virtually free of noise, yielding exceptionally fast, precise, and very stable DC voltage.
- Gain offset adjustment of ±10dB for each line input.
- Fully compatible with 820S external power supply.
- Each line input is fully configurable to be “home theater ready”, whereby the 740P’s volume control is bypassed.
in the box
- AC power cable 9 FRM-3 remote control with three ‘AAA’ batteries
- SimLink™ cable with 1/8” mini plug terminations on each end
- Owner’s manual
- Number of inputs - XLR / RCA: 2 pairs / 3 pairs
- Input Sensitivity: 200mV - 4.0V RMS
- Input Impedance: 22,000Ω
- Gain: 9dB
- Number of Output - XLR / RCA: 1 pair / 2 pairs (fixed + variable)
- Signal-to-noise Ratio (20Hz-20kHz): 120dB @ full output
- Frequency response (full range): 5Hz - 100kHz ±0.1dB
- Crosstalk @ 1kHz: 116dB
- Output impedance: 50Ω
- THD (20Hz - 20kHz): 0.001%
- Intermodulation distortion: 0.0003%
- Shipping weight: 35 lb / 16 kg
- Dimensions in inches: Width 18.75", Height 4.0", Depth 16.5"
- Dimensions in cm: Width 47.6cm, Height 10.2cm, Depth 41.9cm