Moon 260D CD Transport with DAC
Like two products in one: CD player and standalone DAC
A true high-performance, high-end, affordable digital product that meets current and future needs. The MOON 260D CD transport with optional 32-bit DAC is the next evolutionary step in combining high-performance, useful features, CD playback and music streaming all into one chassis.
Highly flexible with USB input
The MOON 260D provides superb flexibility as a result of it being a CD Transport and a DAC all-in-one. Thanks to its 32-bit processing engine, upsampling capabilities, hallmark MOON oversized power supplies and elaborate analog stages, the 260D‘s sonic performance is without equal in its price category. The DAC section is entirely optional, whereby you can easily add it later on, if not needed right now.
The MOON 260D CD Transport features “MQA pass-through” capability. The MQA encoded data on the disc will be outputted on the digital output such that an MQA certified DAC will decode it and give you the full performance that MQA offers.
In the box
- CD transport
- AC power cable
- ‘‘CRM-3’ remote control with two ‘CR-2032’ batteries
- ‘SimLink™’ cable with 1/8” mini plug terminations on each end
- Owner’s manual
- Proprietary CD drive system mounted on Simaudio’s M-Quattro gel-based 4-point floating suspension for vibration damping, allowing ambient & spatial cues in your recordings to come to life like never before.
- Two digital outputs: S/PDIF and AES/EBU.
- Oversized power supply with up to 13 stages of voltage regulation (5 for Transport and 8 for the DAC).
- RS-232 port for (i) full unsolicited bidirectional feedback and (ii) firmware updates.
- IR input for external control.
- SimLink™ controller port for 2-way communications with other compatible MOON components.
- Rigid chassis construction to minimize the effects of external vibrations
- Optimised selection of very high quality electronic components in a symmetrical circuit design.
- Includes CRM-3 remote control.
- True 32-bit asynchronous Digital-to-Analog converter.
- Four digital inputs (S/PDIF x 2, TosLink x 1 & USB x 1) allowing for use with virtually any digital source.
- Advanced analog signal path using a DC servo circuit and proprietary 18dB/octave analog filter.
- USB input with galvanic isolation which eliminates all ground current (i.e. no electrical connection) between the USB device (computer,music server, etc) and the 260D, preserving the accuracy of the audio signal.
- Frequency response (full range) - 2Hz - 100kHz +0/-3dB
- THD @ 1kHz, 0dBFS (A-weighted) - 0.005%
- Intermodulation distortion - 0.005%
- Dynamic Range - 120dB
- Signal-to-noise Ratio - 120dB @ full output
- Channel Separation - 116dB
- Intrinsic Jitter - 1 picosecond RMS
- Analog Output @ 0dBFS - 2.0 V
- Analog output impedance - 75Ω
- PCM Bit-depth range - 16 - 24 bits
- PCM sampling frequency rates - 44.1 - 192kHz
- Shipping weight - 16 lb / 7.5 kg
- Dimensions in inches: Width 16.9", Height 3.4", Depth 13.1"
- Dimensions in cm: Width 42.9cm, Height 8.6cm, Depth 33.3cm