Moon 850P Dual Chassis Reference Balanced Preamplifier
the ultimate analog preamplifier
“It’s the most transparent preamp – or audio component of any sort – that I’ve heard.” – Brian Damkroger, Stereophile
Moon's most advanced preamplifier to date
“This is a rare component in the way it disappears, revealing nothing but the music carried through it. I’ve yet to hear one that reveals more music.”
– Jeff Dorgay, TONEAudio
sophisticated two chassis design
The audio circuits are isolated within a second box for better signal accuracy.
suspension for complete microphonic annihilation
giving incredibly lifelike natural sound.
- 2-chassis design with 1 chassis housing the power supply, digital controller circuitry, software processing & the LED display. The other chassis contains ONLY audio circuitry.
- Power supply voltage regulation includes i 2 DCf (Independent Inductive DC Filtering); 1 inductor for each and every IC in the audio circuit’s signal path – 40 stages in all.
- Gain offset adjustment of ±10dB for each line input.
- Each line input is fully configurable to be “home theater ready”, whereby the 850P’s volume control is bypassed.
in the box
- AC power cable
- FRM-3 remote control with three ‘AAA’ batteries
- Three (3) color-coded cables to connect the preamplifier to it’s power supply/controller chassis
- SimLink™ cable with 1/8” mini plug terminations on each end
- Owner’s manual
- Number of inputs - XLR / RCA: 3 pairs / 5 pairs
- Input Sensitivity: 200mV - 4.0V RMS
- Input Impedance: 11,000Ω
- Gain: 9dB
- Number of Outputs - XLR / RCA: 2 pairs / 2 pairs (fixed + variable)
- Signal-to-noise Ratio (20Hz-20kHz): 130dB @ full output
- Frequency response: 5Hz - 100kHz ±0.1dB
- Crosstalk @ 1kHz: -130dB
- Output impedance: 50Ω
- THD (20Hz - 20kHz): 0.0005%
- Intermodulation distortion: 0.0001%
- Shipping weight: 151 lb / 67 kg
- Dimensions - each chassis in inches: Width 18.75", Height 4.0", Depth 16.5"
- Dimensions in cm: Width 47.6cm, Height 10.2cm, Depth 41.9 cm