Rosso Fiorentino Volterra II Loudspeaker
A Reference Sound Behind its Strong Visual Statement
This is Volterra, full, pristine sound, unconventional electro-acoustic solutions with a distinctive Italian design.
A floor standing loudspeaker design which embodies the heritage of the Rosso Fiorentino brand and its own, now classic and unmistakable style. Aesthetically, the Volterra series 2 retains most of its original shape and proportions appearing similar to its predecessor. However, it is actually entirely redesigned featuring all the elements of our most recent engineering developments.
Volterra sports a modular enclosure design and was amongst the first Rosso speakers to implement the concept of using mechanically different materials in one composite structure where each material absorbs and damps the resonant frequency of another material in the system. The result of this ‘team work’ is a cabinet incredibly still and firm where panel vibration modes are drastically reduced revealing great micro and macro dynamic details in the sound.
This concept has been further developed in the Volterra series 2 by adding extra aluminium panels on the sides, new and advanced internal damping pads and a bracing system that, implementing a firm connection with the midwoofer and lower woofer magnet, significantly reduces the transmission of unwanted vibrations from these drivers to their front baffles. In addition, each module (upper-middle-lower) is further isolated from the others by the use of rubber inserts that join the modules without putting them directly in contact with each other.
Hybrid Vented/Closed Box System
Volterra is a 2.5-way floor standing loudspeaker. The principle drive unit topology at the heart of this system remains a unique approach to loudspeaker design. Its optimised dual hybrid loading volumes comprised of vented 6.5in mid-woofer and 8in closed box woofer, enables the Volterra to deliver an incredibly extended and controlled frequency response, a thoroughly captivating sound-stage, rich in details and dynamics, and, no small thing, the ability to fit perfectly into a large variety of living spaces.
There is Life Above 20kHz
At the top of the front baffle sits the “ribbon/soft dome” section, a Rosso trademark, which combines the silk dome tweeter with our new ribbon ultrasonic generator for an amazing detailed and extended high frequency response. The wide dispersion of the new ribbon ultrasonic generator perfectly complements the smooth and detailed 28mm neodymium silk dome tweeter and starts to function at around 30 kHz and goes all the way up to 100kHz. The resulting wide-bandwidth performance greatly enhances the “atmosphere” and naturalness of the reproduced sound, giving it a truly three-dimensional quality. Nowadays, the highly extended frequency response found in the Volterra is even more interesting, with the increasing diffusion of high-resolution digital formats alongside vinyl.
- type: 2.5-way rear-ported/close box floorstanding system
- sensitivity: 88 dBspl (2.83V, 1m)
- nominal impedance: 6Ω (minimum 4Ω)
- drive units:
- 1 x ribbon diaphragm ultrasonic generator
- 1 x ø 28mm (1.1 in) silk dome neodymium tweeter
- 1 x ø 165mm (6.5 in) Nomex diaphragm woofer
- 1 x ø 200mm (8 in) Nomex diaphragm woofer
- frequency response (±3dB): 38 Hz – 100 kHz (typical in-room bass resp. -6dB @35Hz)
- crossover frequencies: 60 Hz – 2.2 kHz
- recommended amplifier power: 70w – 200w into 8Ω with unclipped sound signal
- multi-layer composite construction comprised of aluminium panels, solid HDF fiberboard and rubber damping elements
- 3 different internal absorbent materials
- Height: 1066mm (42 in) incl. plinth and spikes
- Width: 279mm (11 in)
- Depth: 315mm (12.4in) – 375mm (14,8in) incl. plinth
- net weight: 40 Kg (88.2 lb) each
- cabinet finish:
- black matte coated aluminium front baffle
- exclusive RF silky matte black coating
- leather covering on middle lateral panels
- side panels:
- high gloss black
- natural Italian walnut
- Custom leather covering