- an improved engine, which provides an increased output of 5.5 mV and an optimised sound reproduction and a high level of sonic accuracy.
- nude Elliptical diamond and split pole pins with a copper wire.
- the cartridge body is manufactured from Hopelex, an environment-friendly material which ensures high rigidity while eliminating unwanted resonances.
We have optimised the design for ease of mounting the cartridge, and the weight and size to fit the most common turntables on the market today. The 2M Series provides excellent compatibility when used in an assortment of playback systems and with a wide variety of phono preamps.
The 2M Blue adds more dynamics and resolution, sounds more open and reproduces more details compared to the 2M Red model.
The 2M headshell is a practical and elegant solution for our customers who wish direct and easy mounting and replacement on their S-shaped tonearm. The combination of 2M Headshell and 2M Series cartridge adds unique distinction to the turntable!
- universal mount fitting a wide range of S-shaped tonearms.
- weight with a 2M cartridge pre-mounted 20 g.
- the headshell body is manufactured from a special compound used for Medical industry, ensures high rigidity while reducing unwanted vibration
- elegant hi-tech design
- length 52mm. Headshell with a 2M cartridge pre-mounted provides correct Baerwald alignment with the Ortofon TA-110/TA-210 tonearms, likewise with the major part of tonearms with universal mount
The 2M Series is designed for precise and accurate retrieval of the information in the record groove
The 2M Series is developed in conjunction with the Danish Industrial designer Møller Jensen Design – the same designer who designed the award winning MC Jubilee and Kontrapunkt series. Inspired by the facets of a diamond, whose contours gracefully trace the grooves on a record’s surface, the 2M’s handsome elegance establishes a great combination of form and functionality.
The name 2M was selected from among several ideas. We wanted a modern name that would be easy to pronounce and remember, and therefore an alphanumerical name was chosen. 2M means MM, which is the abbreviation for moving magnet.
Of course the 2M isn’t just another pretty face. It has been engineered to the highest standards and is congruent with Ortofon’s unrelenting commitment to providing the most precise and accurate reproduction possible without coloration.
The 2M series of cartridges features Ortofon’s trademark split pole pins, an invention that enables moving magnet cartridges to have a flat frequency response, as with a moving coil cartridge. Split pole pins were invented by Ortofon, and were originally presented in the 500 series and OM super series.
Ortofon have optimised the design for ease of mounting the cartridge, and the weight and size to fit the most common turntables on the market today. The 2M Series provides excellent compatibility when used in an assortment of playback systems and with a wide variety of phono preamps.
in the box
- 2M blue
- 1 x Stylus brush
- 1 x Screwdriver
- 2 x Screw M2,5 x 5
- 2 x Screw M2,5 x 7
|Output Voltage (at 1kHz, 5cm/sec):||5.5mV|
|Channel Balance at 1kHz:||1.5dB|
|Channel Separation at 1kHz:||25dB|
|Channel Separation at 15kHz:||15dB|
|Frequency Range (at -3dB):||20Hz - 25kHz|
|Frequency Response 20Hz - 20kHz:||+2 / -1dB|
|Tracking Ability at 315Hz:||Typically 80μm|
|Compliance, Dynamic, Lateral:||20μm / mN|
|Stylus Type:||Nude Elliptical|
|Stylus Tip Radius r / R:||8 / 18μm|
|Tracking Force Range:||1.6 - 2.0g (16 - 20mN)|
|Recommended Tracking Force:||1.8g (18mN)|
|Internal Impedance / DC Resistance:||1.3kΩ|
|Recommended Load Resistance:||47kΩ|
|Recommended Load Capacitance:||150 - 300pF|
|Cartridge Colour Body / Stylus:||Black / Blue|
|Replacement Stylus Unit:||Stylus 2M Blue|
|Accessories:||1 x Stylus Brush
1 x Screwdriver
2 x Screw M2.5 x 5
2 x Screw M2.5 x 7