Push the boundaries of analogue reproduction. The state-of-the-art Vertere Reference Tonearm Gen III transforms any high-end record playing system.
Since its debut in 2014, Vertere Reference Tonearm has been the absolute benchmark and has facilitated the design of all subsequent Vertere reference products. Every part of the Vertere Reference Tonearm has been individually designed and manufactured to overcome the shortcomings of existing tonearms. Each detail is meticulously engineered and contributes to the excellence of the whole. Performance is enhanced to a level of resolution, clarity, dynamics, timing and sheer power that is normally associated with live music. The third generation brings additional flexibility, ease of use/fine-tuning and, of course, improved performance.
- The unique vertical and horizontal pivoting motion is provided by non-rotating fine Kevlar fibre. The result is the first truly ‘noiseless’ and stiction-free tonearm bearing.
- The main counterweight is articulated in the vertical and horizontal planes through precision ball race bearings. To ensure accurate tracking even on warped records.
- For ideal rigidity, the arm tube & head shell are machined from solid titanium then fuse welded to form a homogenous component.
- Horizontal & Vertical bearings are offset by 23mm to optimise tracking accuracy and information retrieval.
- Anti-skate force is applied using microns thick non-resonant, frictionless silicone polymer strip with gradual magnetic componsator.
- Unique Transit Clamping System allows secure transportation keeping the arm/cartridge safe and perfectly setup. In addition, the UTCS ensures exact performance after shipment and reinstallation. The use of the clamp also assists with mounting the cartridge safely and precisely.
- Custom built lift/lower mechanism, precision engineered to ensure smooth, firm & accurate cueing.
Counterweight sleeve & tungsten carbide weight insert
The reference tonearm comes with a second tungsten carbide loaded counterweight to accommodate much heavier cartridges than standard. This heavier counterweight also has extra screw‐on end caps to further increase the weight if required.
Illumination LED power supply
The tonearm cueing light, integrated into the head‐shell, is a blessing when playing records as well as being an essential aid when setting up a cartridge.
The illumination LEDs are powered by the elegant, battery operated, noise‐free power supply that also allows dimming control.
When it comes to attention to detail the Vertere reference tonearm gets into every minutiae.
From illuminated Anti‐skate dial and logos to the proprietary lift/lower mechanism and mounting plate every component is custom‐built for this formidable tonearm.
Horizontal motion bearing assembly & pillar sleeve
As the cartridge tracks the record it also has to move the tonearm, side to side and up and down. It does this in order to position itself, as closely as possible, on the mean line of the groove. Failure to do this accurately will result in loss and distortion of the musical signal the cartridge is to extract.
To assist the cartridge in this cumbersome task, the reference tonearm utilises a unique bearing design both in the horizontal and vertical planes. Using several hundreds of microns-thick Kevlar threads provides silent, ultra‐low friction movement of the arm without any stiction.
Titanium head-shell and arm tube
Rigid, light, non‐resonant are key words when it comes to tonearm tubes and head‐shells and titanium is most suitable material. On the reference tonearm the arm tube is machined down to a mere 0.4mm in wall thickness maximising rigidity to weight ratio.
The sculpted head‐shell is then fuse welded to the arm tube to behave as one piece. This property is specific to titanium.
Vertere Reference Tonearm Gen III is a true state-of-the-art component, which can transform the performance of high-end record playing systems. The Vertere Reference Tonearm has been created to push the boundaries of analogue reproduction by systematically addressing every aspect of tonearm performance. Each individual component is bespoke and has been specifically designed to complement the overall philosophy, design and purpose of the Vertere Reference Tonearm.
The unique bearing design of the Vertere reference Tonearm provides a noise-free and a stiction-free operation of the tonearm. This is achieved by utilising microns thick metal/polymer laminate film acting as the bearing. With this unique configuration there are no rotating or sliding components in the bearings. The arm tube and the head shell are both made of titanium and tight tolerance fitted to each other. Titanium has a property to fuse weld with such tight tolerances making the head-shell and the tube effectively one piece. This maximises rigidity to weight ratio and provides the optimum support for the cartridge.
Vertere Reference Tonearm has unique split geometry, where in vertical direction the arm has a longer effective length than that in the horizontal direction. This split geometry ensures that the cartridge can track very low frequencies cut in mono as well as the higher stereo frequencies with absolutely integrity. The counter weight assembly is fully articulated to regulate tracking weight when the record is warped – even with slightest of up and down movements of the tonearm. Every note is played with life-like dynamics and clarity.
Internal wiring is a special version of Vertere Hand-Built Pulse cable, in one continuous run from the cartridge tags to the exit cable connector at the base of the tonearm. All connectors and contacts are custom made with three times the standard thickness of gold plating.
Special care has been taken to make sure that the arm will be easy to calibrate and a delight to use. The tonearm cueing light, integrated into the head-shell, is a blessing when playing records as well as being an essential aid when setting up a cartridge.
It discreetly and pleasingly illuminates the record grooves in the area around the stylus contact point, making it easy to cue records precisely without disturbing the mood lighting of your listening room.
With its own dedicated power supply, the light may be dimmed or switched off at will. The lift/lower mechanism itself is custom-built from solid stainless steel and has been precision engineered to ensure smooth, firm and accurate cueing.
When it comes to calibration, the Vertere Reference Tonearm is properly engineered to give complete accuracy and certainty in cartridge set-up.
Precise setting of VTA is made easy by a fine adjustment screw that’s additional to the main setting of arm pillar height, while the arm mounting also provides for fine adjustment of azimuth.
The performance of a record playing system using the Reference Tonearm will be enhanced to a new level of resolution, clarity, dynamics, timing and sheer power that would normally be associated with live music.
- Type: Pivoted
- Effective Length: 240mm Horizontal, 263mm Vertical
- Overhang: 17.5mm
- Offset Angle: 22.9°
- Head-Shell & Arm Tube: Titanium & Titanium - Fuse Welded
- Bearing Yoke Structure: Aluminium Alloy Body, Titanium Insert
- Bearing Type: Non-Rotating microns-thick Kevlar thread fibres
- Counter Weight
- Stainless (Standard) + End Discs
- Stainless & Tungsten Carbide (Heavy) + End Discs
- Articulated Triple Ball Races
- Internal Wiring: Special Hand-Built Pulse, Signal & LED Power Wiring
- Counter Weight System: Articulated – Three Ball Races
- Proprietary Cartridge & Cable Connectors
- Triple-thickness Gold Plated Contacts
- Vertere 7-Way Tonearm Connector
- Tonearm Cable:
- Special Pulse-HB Hand-built
- Triple-thickness Gold Plated Contacts
- Vertere HB Reference 23.95ct Gold/5 micron+
- Queuing Light Power Supply: Dimmable – Battery Powered
- Standard Counterweight (x1): 142g
- Standard C/W Disc (x6): Each 7.6g
- Special Counterweight (x1): 83g
- Tungsten Carbide C/W Insert (x1): 114g
- Special C/W Disc (x4): Each 7.6g
- Overall Weight (With Std C/W & x4 Discs): Approx. 627g