Ortofon Xpression Cartridge
The state of the art product, the Ortofon Xpression represents a combination of three elements very characteristic for Ortofon:
- The cutting edge SLM materials technology pioneered by the MC A90 and SPU 90th Anniversary
- Modification of the generator system introduced with the MC A90 and the MC Windfeld
- Ortofon design tradition
Utilising these three elements we created a new product in order to support our customers of the SPU cartridges and Ortofon tonearms.
The Xpression cartridge bridges the gap between the SPU-type cartridges and High-End cartridges like the MC A90 and the MC Windfeld designed for headshell mounting. The result is a high-performance moving coil cartridge with the convenience of a standard headshell connector, which provides a simple and elegant method of directly connecting the generator and tonearm via the Xpression’s one-piece body.
Since the cartridge length is identical to that of an SPU, the Xpression can easily be fitted onto tonearms without additional concern for proper alignment
- The cartridge height is likewise identical to the SPU height, which makes further VTA adjustments unnecessary.
- The length of the cartridge ensures proper match with the SME-mount type tonearms, e.g. SME, Grace, Fidelity Research, SAEC and Micro Seiki brands. Additionally, the mass and compliance properties of the Xpression ensure that a proper match will be achieved with any SPU-compatible arm.
- The Xpression can ideally be combined with the TA-110 and TA-210 tonearms. The combination of Xpression, TA-110/TA-210 and ST-80 SE MC transformer gives a supreme experience!
|Output Voltage (at 1kHz, 5cm/sec):||0.3mV|
|Channel Balance at 1kHz:||< 0.2dB|
|Channel Separation at 1kHz:||> 28dB|
|Channel Separation at 15kHz:||> 22dB|
|Frequency Range (at -3dB):||10Hz - 60kHz|
|20Hz - 20kHz FIM Distortion:||+0.5 / -1.5dB|
|Tracking Ability at 315Hz:||Typically 90μm|
|Compliance, Dynamic, Lateral:||11μm / mN|
|Stylus Type:||Nude Ortofon Replicant 100
Special Polished Version
|Stylus Tip Radius r / R:||5 / 100μm|
|Tracking Force Range:||2.3 - 2.8g (23 - 28mN)|
|Recommended Tracking Force:||2.6g (26mN)|
|Internal Impedance / DC Resistance:||4Ω|
|Recommended Load Impedance:||> 10Ω|
|Cartridge Body Material:||SLM Stainless Steel And
Special Proprietary TPE Compound
|Cartridge Colour:||Black / Black|