Nordost’s Heimdall 2 4K UHD Cable is the first cable on the market that can deliver the true experience promised from 4K compatible components. Every aspect in design and build material used in the construction of this cable was specifically chosen to increase bandwidth and data transfer speed (which must fall between 10.2 and 18GHz to qualify as a true UHD cable), while simultaneously eliminating harmful factors such as jitter, timing errors and crosstalk. The Heimdall 2 4K UHD Cable is constructed using nineteen, 25 AWG solid core conductors, which have been plated with silver in order to enhance the flow of ultra-high frequency current used to carry TMDS (Transition Minimised Differential Signaling) from transmitter to receiver. The conductors are then wrapped in Nordost’s proprietary Micro Mono-Filament technology, increasing the velocity of propagation by 20%, and arranged in a twin-axial, shielded pair design. This design topology allows for shorter and more accurate wire lengths, which in turn reduces errors, while shielding overcomes any crosstalk issues.
Heimdall 2 4K UHD Cables are handmade in Nordost’s Massachusetts-based factory. Nordost is the only cable manufacturer with the ability to design each function of the UHD interface, assemble, and test the performance of every 4K UHD cable produced. By keeping the production of this cable in the USA, Nordost can ensure premium quality and an adherence to specification standards that is impossible for companies that outsource their manufacturing.
- fully manufactured and terminated in the USA
- high purity class 1.003 extruded Fluorinated Ethylene Propylene (FEP) insulation
- meachanically tuned lay and Micro-Mono-Filament construction, twin-axial shield pair design
- 19 x 25 AWG silver-plated 99.99999% solid core OFC conductors
- 100% total shield coverage
- velocity of propagation: 86% speed of light
- terminated with gold-plated, shielded, 19 pin, type A, high definition connectors
- approvals: DPL 4K certification