The tonearm lead is one of the most critical audio cables in an analog system. The fragile nature of the signals it carries demands a purpose-built, low capacitance conduit, in order to maximise the authentic and natural musical reproduction that LPs offer.
The Blue Heaven Tonearm Cable + uses a twisted pair cable design to create a left and right channel, which are individually shielded in order to eliminate inter-channel crosstalk. It also employs a separately shielded, silver-plated bond wire, wrapped in Micro Mono-Filament, which runs alongside the left and right channel to help minimise noise from the line. However, the most exciting aspect of this cable design is its revolutionary grounding solution. Nordost has introduced detachable, silver-plated ground whips, complete with Micro Mono-Filament technology, to further enhance this groundbreaking cable. These ground whips completely eliminate any noise that could be introduced during signal transfer, regardless of the unique construction of the components found in each individual sound system.
- insulation: Fluorinated Ethylene Propylene (FEP)
- conductors: 4 x 28 AWG
- construction: 2 Twisted pairs individually shielded
- material: Silver plated 99.9999% OFC Solid Core Conductors
- capacitance: 15.13pF/ft (49.5pF/m)
- velocity of propagation: 74%
- overall shield coverage: 97%
- bond/grounding whips: 24 AWG silver-plated, stranded OFC, Micro Mono-Filament design.
- termination: MoonGlo® Straight or 90० low-mass 5-pin Din, RCA, or XLR connectors. Whips and bond wire terminated with gold-plated 5mm spades.