Astell & Kern SA700 Portable Music Player
With the latest technology, the deeper and stronger sound of the SA700 delivers new experiences and values not found in other products.
First DAP Using AKM AK4492ECB DAC
The SA700 is the first DAP to use a AK4492ECB Dual DAC to give a new sound signature.
AKM's AK4492ECB is a DAC that aims to achieve the best performance in the industry by utilizing the technology obtained by developing AK4497EQ.
It has a lower power consumption and similar audio performance compared to AK4497EQ, making it the best DAC for a portable DAP.
Only Astell&Kern's Sound Technology know-how has made the DAC's performance even more perfect. Now you can enjoy premium sound close to the original performance with the SA700 and the AK4492ECB.
Unchanging Value, Stainless Steel
The SA700 uses stainless steel, which is corrosion-resistant and durable, for maximum material strength and beauty.
Since it takes a lot of time, skill and cost to process the material, it is often only used for expensive products. The SA700 uses stainless steel because it provides the perfect sound.
Stainless Steel delivers both luxury and balanced, clean sound.
Deliver the perfect original sound
SA700 offers the optimal condition to deliver perfect original sound.
It's capable of bit-to-bit playback up to 32bit 384kHz and native DSD playback up to 11.2MHz, delivering detailed, distortion-free sound just as the artist intended.
Intuitive LED Indicator
The LEDs around the volume wheel are not just visual effects, but provide the listener information including volume and status of the currently playing song.
Different colors are displayed depending on the bit depth of the song being played, and 150 levels of red saturation are displayed to reflect the current player volume.
* LED can be turned on or off according to user setting.
New GUI where the past and the present coexist
SA700 maintains the convenience of Astell&Kern's UI combined with a new GUI that reminds users of our 1st generation players.
You can combine Astell&Kern's past and present through the GUI which is reinterpreted by using Astell&Kern's various colour identities.
Using Open APP Service
The Open APP Service enables the user to install specific APK music streaming apps to the device. Copy the desired APK into the Open Service folder of the product and install the relevant App in the Menu-Service of the product.
MQA (Master Quality Authenticated) is an award-winning British technology that delivers the sound of the original master recording. The master MQA file is fully authenticated and is small enough to stream or download. Visit mqa.co.uk for more information. Astell&Kern SA700 includes MQA technology, which enables you to play back MQA audio files and streams, delivering the sound of the original master recording.
Inspired by the string bridge, the wheel protector is designed to reveal the LED lighting hidden under the wheel as you start playing. The knurled pattern of the volume wheels and the color of the light reflected by the beautiful luster of stainless steel make it easy to provides various playback information to the user while also providing visual enjoyment.
The lower microSD slot uses the Astell&Kern 1st generation sliding door system, further enhancing the Astell&Kern retro look and feel.
The SA700 is optimized for portability so it can be held in one hand with the front 4.1-inch touch display and all the side control buttons and volume wheel easily accessible.
- Body Color: Onyx Black / Stainless Steel
- Body Material: Stainless Steel
- Display: 4.1inch (720 x 1,280) Touch display
- Supported Audio Formats: WAV, FLAC, WMA, MP3, OGG, APE, AAC, ALAC, AIFF, DFF, DSF, MQA
- MQA playback: Services(Tidal Masters), Local files, External USB, MQA-CD(ripped)
- Sample rate: PCM : 8kHz ~ 384kHz (8/16/24/32bits per Sample) / DSD Native: DSD64 (1bit 2.8MHz), Stereo / DSD128(1bit 5.6MHz), Stereo / DSD256 (1bit 11.2MHz), Stereo
- Output Level: Unbalanced 2.0Vrms / Balanced 4.0Vrms (Condition No Load)
- CPU: Quad-Core
- DAC: AKM AK4492ECB x2 (Dual DAC)
- Decoding: Support up to 32bit / 384kHz Bit-to-Bit Playback
- Input: USB Type-C input (for PC & MAC)
- Outputs: Unbalanced Out (3.5mm) / Balanced Out (2.5mm, only 4-pole supported)
- Wi-Fi: 802.11 b/g/n (2.4GHz)
- Bluetooth: V4.2 (A2DP, AVRCP, aptXTM HD)
- Dimensions: 2.32 ”(59.1 mm) [W] x 4.56 ”(115.9 mm) [H] x 0.64 ”(16.5 mm) [D]
- Weight: 10.68 oz (303 g)
- Feature Enhancements: Firmware upgrades supported (OTA)
- Reference clock jitter: 70ps(Typ)
- Supported OS: Windows 7,8,10 (32/64bit), MAC OS X 10.7 and up
- 720 x 1,280 touch display
- LED Indicator
- Frequency Response: ±0.24dB (Condition: 20Hz~20kHz) Unbalanced / ±0.24dB (Condition: 20Hz~20kHz) Balanced
- Frequency Response: ±1.95dB (Condition: 20Hz~70kHz) Unbalanced / ±1.94dB (Condition: 20Hz~70kHz) Balanced
- Signal to Noise Ratio: 120dB @ 1kHz, Unbalanced / 123dB @ 1kHz, Balanced
- Crosstalk: -134dB @ 1kHz, Unbalanced / -138dB @ 1kHz, Balanced
- THD+N: 0.0006% @ 1kHz, Unbalanced / 0.0006% @ 1kHz, Balanced
- IMD SMPTE: 0.0003% 800Hz 10kHz(4:1) Unbalanced / 0.0004% 800Hz 10kHz(4:1) Balanced
- Output Impedance: Unbalanced Out 3.5mm (1.8ohm) / Balanced out 2.5mm (1.9ohm)
- Capacity: 3,150mAh 3.7V Li-Polymer Battery
- Continuous Playback Time: Up to 8.5 hours (Standard - MUSIC: FLAC, 16-bit/44.1kHz, Unbalanced, Volume 80, EQ OFF, LCD OFF)
- Charge Time: About 4.5 hours (Standard - 5V/2A Charging)
- Built-in Memory: 128GB [NAND]
- External Memory: microSD (Max. 1TB) x1