Lumin U1 Network Transport
why LUMIN U1
After years of requests from existing high-end DAC owners, the LUMIN team have taken the finest components from the flagship S1 model and developed them specifically for digital processing and output.
Using a new dedicated LUMIN U1 processor adds upsampling and downsampling for every supported format – all the way from 44.1kHz to DSD128 – providing maximum DAC compatibility and optimisation.
transport-only unit based on the award-winning LUMIN S1
- 5 types of digital audio output including new USB
- Includes DSD512 22.5Mhz 1-bit playback
- PCM 44.1–768kHz 16–32-bit
- 4 exceptionally low-phase-noise crystal clock oscillators
- External dual-toroidal power supply
- Resampling to every supported format up to DSD128 and PCM384kHz
- Supports DoP (DSD over PCM) for Optical, Coaxial RCA, Coaxial BNC & AES/EUB SPDIF
all the usual LUMIN refinements
- From MQA to DSD, FLAC to WAV, LUMIN can play all the high-resolution formats you could ever want
- Native support for TIDAL, Qobuz, Spotify and AirPlay-compatible, giving you access to tens of millions of songs
- The unique and intuitive LUMIN App described as "the most convenient interface in existence" by Tinman
- LUMIN programme of continuous development that has seen Roon, MQA, and Spotify support added in 2017 alone.
From MQA to DSD, FLAC to WAV, LUMIN can play all the high-resolution formats you could ever want.
Have a thirst for new music? No problem – LUMIN comes with native support for TIDAL, Qobuz, Spotify and is AirPlay-compatible, giving you access to tens of millions of songs.
The LUMIN App is created in harmony with the LUMIN hardware to deliver the most intuitive and visually rich way to browse, select and play your music collection.
It represents LUMIN's vision of how to make music browsing and playback easy, visual, and tactile.
always one step ahead
LUMIN is always evolving. The full LUMIN range benefits from their programme of continuous development, allowing you to relax in the knowledge that wherever possible they'll bring you the latest streaming technologies.
In 2017 every LUMIN model gained compatibility with Roon, MQA and Spotify Connect — all absolutely free of charge.
LUMIN put a huge amount of effort into sourcing the highest-grade matching components, creating truly balanced circuits, designing cases that shield from interference, etc, etc, but it's only important if the end result effectively communicates the intentions of the artist.
Notably, the common thread in every published and consumer review of all LUMIN products is musicality.
- Up to DSD512 22.5MHz, 1-bit
- Up to 768kHz, 16–32-bit, Stereo
upsampling rates & bit depths:
- DSD128 upsampling option for all files
- PCM 384kHz upsampling option for all files
digital output stage:
- DSD512 22.5MHz, 1-bit, Stereo
- PCM 44.1–768kHz, 16–32-bit, Stereo
OPTICAL, COAXIAL RCA, COAXIAL BNC & AES/EBU:
- DSD (DoP, DSD over PCM) 2.8MHz, 1-bit
- PCM 44.1kHz–192kHz, 16–24-bit
- External dual-toroidal
- Available in 240V and 110V versions
- Raw brushed aluminium or black anodised brushed aluminium
LUMIN (SOLID ALUMINIUM CHASSIS):
- 350mm (W), 345mm (D), 60mm (H), 8kg
- 100mm (W), 315mm (D), 55mm (H), 2kg
- UPnP AV protocol with audio streaming extension (OpenHome)
- Roon Ready
- Spotify Connect
- Gapless Playback
- On-Device Playlist
- Native support for TIDAL, MQA, Qobuz and TuneIn Radio.
- Tidal MQA icons to identify high-res music
- Qobuz high-res icons to identify high-res music
- Volume control
- High-resolution artwork
- Artwork caching
- Multiple tag handling
- Composer tag support
- Album-grouping in playlist
- Automatic internet links to artists/album/songs
- Saving and restoring of playlists (including Tidal and Qobuz)
supported audio file formats:
- DSD Lossless: DSF (DSD), DIFF (DSD), DoP (DSD)
- PCM Lossless: FLAC, Apple Lossless (ALAC), WAV, AIFF
- Compressed (lossy) Audio: MP3, AAC (in M4A container)
- Ethernet RJ45 network 1000Base-T
- USB storage, flash drive, USB hard disk (Single-partition FAT32, exFAT and NTFS only)
supported control devices:
- All models of Apple iPad (v2 or later). iOS 8.0 or later required. Full Retina Display support.
- Android devices. Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich) or later required
- Leedh Processing lossless digital volume control
- Programme of Continuous Development – Firmware-upgradable for further features and enhancements