Lumin U1 Mini Network Transport
why LUMIN U1 Mini
Following the huge success of LUMIN D2, LUMIN decided to investigate the possibility of making their transport technology similarly accessible.
The result is a huge specification in a compact package.
Capable of upsampling and downsampling all the way from 44.1kHz to DSD128 and supporting playback of DSD256, LUMIN U1 MINI matches the U1 in almost every area - except price.
transport-only unit combines the best of LUMIN U1 and LUMIN D2
- Identical processor supports DSD256 and 384khz playback
- Quad native clock system for precision timing
- Low noise shielded switching power supply
- 5 types of digital audio output including USB
- MQA Decoding
- Resamping to every supported format up to DSD128
- Supports DoP (DSD over PCM) for Optical, Coaxial RCA, Coaxial BNC & AES/EUB SPDIF
all the usual LUMIN refinements
- From MQA to DSD, FLAC to WAV, LUMIN can play all the high-resolution formats you could ever want
- Native support for TIDAL, Qobuz, Spotify and AirPlay, giving you access to tens of millions of songs
- The unique and intuitive LUMIN App described as "the most convenient interface in existence" by Tinman
- LUMIN programme of continuous development that has seen Roon, MQA, and Spotify support added in 2017 alone.
From MQA to DSD, FLAC to WAV, LUMIN can play all the high-resolution formats you could ever want.
Have a thirst for new music? No problem – LUMIN comes with native support for TIDAL, Qobuz, Spotify and is AirPlay-compatible, giving you access to tens of millions of songs.
The LUMIN App is created in harmony with the LUMIN hardware to deliver the most intuitive and visually rich way to browse, select and play your music collection.
It represents LUMIN's vision of how to make music browsing and playback easy, visual, and tactile.
always one step ahead
LUMIN is always evolving. The full LUMIN range benefits from their programme of continuous development, allowing you to relax in the knowledge that wherever possible they'll bring you the latest streaming technologies.
In 2017 every LUMIN model gained compatibility with Roon, MQA and Spotify Connect — all absolutely free of charge.
LUMIN put a huge amount of effort into sourcing the highest-grade matching components, creating truly balanced circuits, designing cases that shield from interference, etc, etc, but it's only important if the end result effectively communicates the intentions of the artist.
Notably, the common thread in every published and consumer review of all LUMIN products is musicality.
- DSD256 11.2MHZ
- PCM 384KHZ
- DSD128 upsampling
- 5 types of output
- USB output
- Internal power supply
- Up to DSD256 11.2MHz, 1-bit
- Up to 384kHz, 16–32-bit, Stereo
digital output stage:
- DSD256, 11.2MHz, 1-bit, Stereo
- PCM 44.1–384kHz, 16–32-bit, Stereo
OPTICAL, COAXIAL RCA, COAXIAL BNC & AES/EBU:
- DSD (DoP, DSD over PCM) 2.8MHz, 1-bit
- PCM 44.1kHz–192kHz, 16–24-bit
- Internal shielded 100–240V AC auto-ranging
- Raw brushed aluminium or black anodised brushed aluminium
SIZE AND WEIGHT:
- 300mm (W), 244mm (D), 60mm (H), 2.5kg
- 470mm (W), 340mm (D), 170mm (H), 4.5kg
- 470mm (W), 340mm (D), 170mm (H), 4.5kg
- UPnP AV protocol with audio streaming extension (OpenHome)
- Roon Ready
- Spotify Connect
- Apple AirPlay
- Gapless Playback
- On-Device Playlist
- Native support for TIDAL, MQA, Qobuz and TuneIn Radio.
- Tidal MQA icons to identify high-res music
- Qobuz high-res icons to identify high-res music
- Volume control
- High-resolution artwork
- Artwork caching
- Multiple tag handling
- Composer tag support
- Album-grouping in playlist
- Automatic internet links to artists/album/songs
- Saving and restoring of playlists (including Tidal and Quobuz)
supported audio file formats:
- DSD Lossless: DSF (DSD), DIFF (DSD), DoP (DSD)
- PCM Lossless: FLAC, Apple Lossless (ALAC), WAV, AIFF
- Compressed (lossy) Audio: MP3, AAC (in M4A container)
- Ethernet RJ45 network 1000Base-T
- USB storage, flash drive, USB hard disk (Single-partition FAT32, exFAT and NTFS only)
supported control devices:
- All models of Apple iPad (v2 or later). iOS 8.0 or later required. Full Retina Display support.
- Android devices. Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich) or later required
- Programme of Continuous Development – Firmware-upgradable for further features and enhancements